Trapani Birgi International Airport information
Trapani International Airport. Airport code: TPS
Trapani airport is located about 15 kilometers south of Trapani Center and about 90 kilometers from Palermo. It is near highway A29 to Palermo. Trapani can be reached via the SP21 or SS115.
Trapani Tourist Attractions
Most visitors head first for the centro storico, the medieval core lying on the headland jutting into the sea. The most ancient part of this "casbah" was constructed in a typical North African style around a tightly knit maze of narrow streets. Originally these streets lay behind protective walls that guarded against sudden invasions from the sea.
- The magnificent Basilica-Sanctuary of Maria Santissima Annunziata (also called Madonna di Trapani) originally built in 1315-1332 and rebuilt in 1760. It houses a marble statue of the Madonna of Trapani, which might be the work of Nino Pisano
- The Baroque Palazzo della Giudecca 'or Casa Ciambra
- The Fontana del Tritone (Triton's Fountain)
- The Baroque Palazzo della Giudecca or Casa Ciambra
- The Cathedral (1635)
- The fine buildings on the main Corso Vittorio Emanuele
- Enjoy the bustle of the port. See the Italians shouting and gesticulating as they load the large ferries to Tunis
The city of Trapani is renowned for its Easter procession, I Misteri, when the town's guilds parade a groups of sculpted 17th century and 18th century religious statues through the streets in a procession lasting for 16 hours on Good Friday and Holy Saturday.
Trapani Airport Contact
C. da Birgi Italy
Trapani International Airport Map
TPS Airport Arrivals
TPS Airport Departures
Trapani Airport Map and location info
© Trapani-Airport.com Independent Guide 2010